Tuesday, June 3, 2014

AP Chemistry Question of the Day --55

Welcome back to my  blog. Here is question 54 I posted yesterday. The correct answer is B.
There are several factors affecting reaction rate such as temperature, concentration, surface area and catalyst. But here what is being tested is the collision theory.
For a chemical reaction to happen, the reactant molecules have to collide with enough energy and proper orientation. If the reactants molecules are easier to bump into each other, the reaction should occur relatively faster. As a result, from the four choices above, B is the correct answer. A and D are reactions in gas phase. Gas molecules are far apart and are not likely to collide as easily as in solution. C is a heterogeneous reaction. Again the reaction is limited at the surface of the lead.

Following is Question 55 of the series,

55. Aqueous solutions of AgNO3, Cu(NO3)2 and Cr(NO3)3 are electrolyzed using the same quantity of electricity. How do the number of moles of metal formed compare?

A.      Ag = Cu = Cr
B.      Ag > Cu > Cr
C.      Ag < Cu < Cr
D.      Cu > Ag > Cr

I will post the answer in my next blog.

Thank you very much for reading my post, I am available to discuss any topics in chemistry. Please give me a call at 604-808-6827 or email me at vancouverchemistrytutor@gmail.com. My website is located at www.vancouverchemistrytutor.com.

Regards!

No comments:

Post a Comment