Monday, August 26, 2013

AP Chemistry Question of the Day --10


Here comes the answer to question 9 I posted yesterday. The correct answer is D
Average kinetic energy of any substance is only dependent on the temperature. Temperature  is the measure of average kinetic energy of atoms and molecules.


Following is Question 10 of the series. It is in continuation with Question 9. 

10. Three gases are kept in three identical rigid containers under the conditions given in the table below, which one has the greatest density?
A. gas A
B. gas B
C. gas C
D. Their average kinetic energy are the same

I will post the answer and explanation tomorrow.


Thank you very much for reading my post, I am available to discuss any topics in AP chemistry. Please give me a call at 604-808-6827 or email me at vancouverchemistrytutor@gmail.com. My website is located at www.vancouverchemistrytutor.com.

Regards!

2 comments:

  1. For question 9, shouldn't it be D since all the compound's temperatures are the same so they all have the same avg KE?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. You are right. I am sorry I did not check it. I have updated it. Sorry for the confusion.

      Delete