Sunday, August 25, 2013

AP Chemistry Question of the Day --9


Here comes the answer to question 8 I posted yesterday. The correct answer is B

As we discussed earlier, HA is a weak acid and the chemical reaction is:
Since HA is a monoprotic acid, HA reacts with NaOH in a 1:1 ratio. At equivalent point, the mole number of NaOH should equal to the mole number of HA in the original sample. Mole number can be calculated by the product of their molar concentration and volume. Thus:


If the indicator changes colour slightly past the equivalent point, this means the volume of the NaOH solution recorded will be a little over 40ml. As a result, the calculated concentration of HA will be slightly more than 0.800M.


Following is Question 9 of the series:

9. Three gases are kept in three identical rigid containers under the conditions given in the table below, which one has the greatest average kinetic energy?
A. gas A
B. gas B
C. gas C
D. Their average kinetic energy are the same

I will post the answer and explanation tomorrow.


Thank you very much for reading my post, I am available to discuss any topics in AP chemistry. Please give me a call at 604-808-6827 or email me at vancouverchemistrytutor@gmail.com. My website is located at www.vancouverchemistrytutor.com.

Regards!

No comments:

Post a Comment