Tuesday, August 27, 2013

AP Chemistry Question of the Day --11


Here comes the answer to question 10 I posted yesterday. The correct answer is B
According to ideal gas law: 
PV=nRT
Mole number n can also be written as 
where m is the mass of the gas and MW is the molar mass of the gas respectively.
If we rewrite the equation, we can see that
As a result, density is directly proportional to the product of pressure and molar mass when temperature is kept unchanged. So, gas be has the highest density. B is the right answer. 

Following is Question 11 of the series. It is in continuation with Question 9 and 10. 

10. Three gases are kept in three identical rigid containers under the conditions given in the table below. If the pressure of each gas is increased at constant temperature until condensation occurs, which gas will condense at the lowest pressure?
A. gas A
B. gas B
C. gas C
D. All three gases will condense at the same pressure

I will post the answer and explanation tomorrow.


Thank you very much for reading my post, I am available to discuss any topics in AP chemistry. Please give me a call at 604-808-6827 or email me at vancouverchemistrytutor@gmail.com. My website is located at www.vancouverchemistrytutor.com.

Regards!

No comments:

Post a Comment