Sunday, October 6, 2013

AP Chemistry Question of the Day --43


Welcome back to my blog. Here comes the answer to question 42 I posted earlier. The correct answer is D

Ionic compounds are mostly formed between a metal and a non metal. The only exception is ammonium salt where NH4 is a polyatomic ion. It has covalent bond inside the ammonium ion and the bond between ammonium and the anion is ionic.
D is the only compound that is not ionic.

Following is Question 43 of the series. 

43. Consider the following energy level diagram for a reaction that occurs in a single step. Which of the following statements is true

A The activation energy for the reverse reaction is less than zero. 
B Starting from reactants only, and before equilibrium is established, the rate of the forward reaction continually increases. 
C The effect of a temperature change on the rate is greater for the forward reaction than for the reverse reaction. 
D The activation energy for the forward reaction is less than that of the reverse reaction. 
E The enthalpy change for the forward reaction is less than zero. 




I will post the answer and explanation tomorrow. 

Thank you very much for reading my post, I am available to discuss any topics in AP chemistry. Please give me a call at 604-808-6827 or email me at vancouverchemistrytutor@gmail.com. My website is located at www.vancouverchemistrytutor.com.

Regards!

No comments:

Post a Comment