Tuesday, May 27, 2014

AP Chemistry question of of the day--50

As I am getting less busy, I will resume my series of chemistry question of the day. Here is my last question I posted last November.

49. What is the solubility of lead (II) bromide at 298K if Ksp of lead (II) bromide is 6.6x10-6?

The solubility equilibrium of lead (II) bromide can be represented as:

and the Ksp can be expressed as 
assume the solubility of lead (II) iodide is xM, then


by solving the equation we can find the solubility of lead (II) iodide to be 1.2x10-2. Pay attention here that I keep 2 significant figures for my answer as the original kip in the question has two sig figs.

Here is question 50 of the series:

50. which of the following properties generally decrease across the periodic table from Na to Cl?
A. atomic radium
B. Atomic mass
C. electronegativity
D. first ionization energy

I will post the answer in my next blog.

Thank you very much for reading my post, I am available to discuss any topics in chemistry. Please give me a call at 604-808-6827 or email me at vancouverchemistrytutor@gmail.com. My website is located at www.vancouverchemistrytutor.com.

Regards!

No comments:

Post a Comment