Saturday, September 14, 2013

AP Chemistry Question of the Day --28


Welcome back to my blog. Here comes the answer to question 27 I posted yesterday. The correct answer is B

This is a kinetic problem asking the order of the reaction with respect to a reactant. We need to know:

  • If the reaction is zero order, then the plot of concentration or pressure in the case of gas vs time is linear.
  • If the reaction first order, then the plot of ln(concentration or pressure in the case of gas)  vs time is linear.
  • If the reaction is second order, then the plot of the reciprocal of concentration or pressure in the case of gas is linear.
From the data given in the table we know, the ln P(N2O5)  vs time is linear. As a result, the reaction is first order and B is the right answer.



Following is Question 28 of the series. 

28. Which of the following is the conjugate acid of NH3?

I will post the answer and explanation tomorrow. 

Thank you very much for reading my post, I am available to discuss any topics in AP chemistry. Please give me a call at 604-808-6827 or email me at vancouverchemistrytutor@gmail.com. My website is located at www.vancouverchemistrytutor.com.

Regards!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for you help! I really appreciate it :).
    Even though I can't comment on every single post, I want to tell you that they are incredibly helpful.

    ReplyDelete