Sunday, September 15, 2013

AP Chemistry Question of the Day --29


Welcome back to my blog. Here comes the answer to question 28 I posted yesterday. The correct answer is B

When an acid molecule loses its proton, it becomes a base.The acid and base are referred to as a conjugate acid-base pair. The conjugate acid has one more hydrogen than the conjugate base. Thus, B is the right answer. 

Answer C is not correct because it is one hydrogen less than ammonia and it is the conjugate base of ammonia. Answer D is incorrect because it is one electron less than ammonia. 



Following is Question 29 of the series. 

29. Which of the following best describes the role of a spark in a butane lighter? 
A. The spark decreases the activation energy of the combustion reaction.
B. The spark increases the concentration of butane in the reaction chamber.
C. The spark provides the heat of vaporization for the liquid fuel.
D. The spark supplies some of the energy to form the activated complex for the combustion reaction. 

I will post the answer and explanation tomorrow. 

Thank you very much for reading my post, I am available to discuss any topics in AP chemistry. Please give me a call at 604-808-6827 or email me at vancouverchemistrytutor@gmail.com. My website is located at www.vancouverchemistrytutor.com.

Regards!

No comments:

Post a Comment