Monday, September 16, 2013

AP Chemistry Question of the Day --30


Welcome back to my blog. Here comes the answer to question 29 I posted yesterday. The correct answer is D

Activation energy is the energy required to form the activated complex of the reaction so that effective collision can occur. The activation energy of a particular reaction is only dependent on the nature of the reaction. Thus, A is incorrect. The spark supplies some of the energy to form the activated complex of the reaction. Since the reaction is exothermic, once the reaction is started, the heat released can keep the reaction going.


Following is Question 30 of the series. 

30. Which statement about the properties of water is incorrect

A Water expands as it freezes. 
B The density of water is greater than that of ice. 
C Water is a good solvent for hydrocarbons of high molecular weight. 
D Water molecules are V-shaped (bent). 


I will post the answer and explanation tomorrow. 

Thank you very much for reading my post, I am available to discuss any topics in AP chemistry. Please give me a call at 604-808-6827 or email me at vancouverchemistrytutor@gmail.com. My website is located at www.vancouverchemistrytutor.com.

Regards!

No comments:

Post a Comment