Sunday, September 22, 2013

AP Chemistry Question of the Day --35


Welcome back to my blog. Here comes the answer to question 34 I posted on Friday. The correct answer is A

Adding something that reacts with Co2+(aq) would decrease the concentration of Co2+ and hence shift the equilibrium toward the right to offset the disturbance.

Since the reaction is exothermic, increasing the temperature of the reaction will shift the equilibrium to 
the left.

Adding a fluoride salt will increase the concentration of fluoride, which is a product of the reaction and will shift the equilibrium to the left.

Adding a catalyst will not shift the equilibrium. Catalyst can only make it faster to reach equilibrium.

Decreasing the volume of the reaction will shift the equilibrium towards the direction where less gas molecules are. In this case, it is shifting to the left.

So, A is the correct answer.


Following is Question 35 of the series. 

35. Given the following reactions and equilibrium constants:
what is K for the reaction shown below? 



 I will post the answer and explanation tomorrow. 

Thank you very much for reading my post, I am available to discuss any topics in AP chemistry. Please give me a call at 604-808-6827 or email me at vancouverchemistrytutor@gmail.com. My website is located at www.vancouverchemistrytutor.com.

Regards!

No comments:

Post a Comment