Thursday, September 19, 2013

AP Chemistry Question of the Day -33


Welcome back to my blog. Here comes the answer to question 32 I posted yesterday. The correct answer is B

The sum of oxidation numbers of the individual element should be equal to the total charge of the particle. Since all the available choices are neutral, the sum of oxidation number should be zero. K always has +1 oxidation state in its compounds. Oxygen normally has an oxidation state of -2 except in peroxide compounds where its oxidation state is -1. Halogens always has oxidation state of -1.

Thus, Mn's oxidation states are +4, +2, +6, +7 and +7 in the five choices.  Answer B has the lowest.


Following is Question 33 of the series. 

33. How many moles of K+ ions are there in 0.12 L of 0.015M  K2SO4(aq)? 


I will post the answer and explanation tomorrow. 

Thank you very much for reading my post, I am available to discuss any topics in AP chemistry. Please give me a call at 604-808-6827 or email me at vancouverchemistrytutor@gmail.com. My website is located at www.vancouverchemistrytutor.com.

Regards!

No comments:

Post a Comment