Saturday, September 28, 2013

AP Chemistry Question of the Day --41


Welcome back to my blog. Here comes the answer to question 40 I posted yesterday. The correct answer is C

Assume we have 100g of the sample, then we will have 48.5g oxygen and 51.5g vanadium. 
V and O has a 1:3 ratio. As a result, the empirical formula of the oxide is VO3.




Following is Question 41 of the series. 

41. When 0.100 kg of solid metal at 95.0 °C is placed into 0.300 kg of water at 25.0 °C, the final temperature of the system is 27.4 °C. What is the identity of the metal? Assume the system is thermally insulated from its surroundings. 

A Fe(s) 
B Sn(s) 
C Mn(s) 
D Ti(s) 
E Pb(s) 



I will post the answer and explanation tomorrow. 

Thank you very much for reading my post, I am available to discuss any topics in AP chemistry. Please give me a call at 604-808-6827 or email me at vancouverchemistrytutor@gmail.com. My website is located at www.vancouverchemistrytutor.com.

Regards!

No comments:

Post a Comment